Sunday’s rehearsal was a great success – we made really good progress and it’s great to see the everyone’s commitment and effort.
We’ve been promoted! Pirates will now be performed on the Saturday night concert, not the Friday night. Dress for the night will be black or dark-coloured trousers (no jeans) and a smart coloured top (shirt, blouse, tidy T-shirt or sports top).
Thomas has proposed that we also attempt The Medallion Calls, and players were very keen to give this a go, and happy to schedule in an extra rehearsal to try to enable this. We will start to look at this on Friday, so please familiarise yourself with your part as much as possible before then, working with your instrumental teacher if possible. When every individual is fully prepared, then we can achieve so much more in our group rehearsals.
The other news is that we will not be performing Ayre and Dance. The Class 6/7 Wind Ensemble are doing so well that they will be playing on their own – giving us more time to focus on Pirates.
Rehearsal schedule for the run up to Waldorf 100 is as follows:
- Thursday 5th 12:45 to 1:30 (consolidate what we’ve done so far)
- Friday 6th 12:45 to 1:30 (have a look at Medallion Calls and decide if we can do it)
- Monday 9th 12:45 to 1:30 (our last practice on our own)
- Friday 13th 12:45 to 1:30, in the hall, with Class 7 eurythmy
- Thursday 19th – time tbc (with Class 7 eurythmy)